How to Receive Eternal Life
If you died today, do you know for sure if you would go to heaven?
Being a good person alone does not qualify you to receive eternal life, only accepting God’s plan for redemption through Christ Jesus can qualify you.
How do I accept God’s plans for redemption and receive eternal life?
1. Turn from your sin and turn to God: “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.” – Acts 3:19 NKJV
2. Believe & trust in Jesus Christ: “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9 NIV
Pray this quick prayer to accept God’s plan for redemption now!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Forgive me my sins as I now forgive those who have sinned against me. Thank You for sending Your son Jesus to pay for my sins. I confess that Jesus is now the Lord of my life and I believe that You have raised Him from the dead. I ask You to come into my heart, reveal Yourself to me, and empower me to walk in Your ways every day in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!
Now that I have accepted Christ Jesus as my savior, what should I do now?
1. Become a follower of Jesus and live like Him: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” – John 8:12 NIV
2. Be water baptized: “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” – Acts 2:38 NIV
“He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” – Mark 16:15-15 NIV
3. Read and Study the Bible: “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” – 2 Timothy 3:14-17 NIV
4. Pray and seek Him as much as possible: “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” – Ephesians 6:18 NIV
5. Join a local church or home group: “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:23-25 NIV